Shabby Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Antique Chair Refinish: Hot Pink!

I ran across these darling chairs at a local 'junk'tique store that I love to browse.  They had my name written all over them.  I love the curves and the design in the back- everyone thinks it look like a heart!


The chairs were a great buy at only $20 for the pair and will go great in the new craft space that I am creating in a spare room off the garage (more to come on that later!).  I just sanded, applied a thin layer of Kilz and then two layers of Krylon spray paint in glossy Frosty Berry. 

For the chair seats, I removed the old fabric and padding, added a 2" piece of foam and covered with a black damask pattern.  It was my first time recovering a chair but it was so much easier than I thought - my new favorite tool is my upholstery stapler!



Project breakdown: $20 for the chairs, $10 for 2 cans of spray paint (I already had the Kilz and sandpaper), $7 for fabric, $5 for foam, and $13 for the staple gun and a box of staples- which will be handy for my next project!

The total cost for both chairs was $55. 

No comments:

Post a Comment